devFS?

Craig Dooley cd5697 at albany.edu
Tue Dec 9 05:19:39 PST 2003

I've had some ideas on the subject, most of them involved waiting for
other parts of the system to flush out, like async kernel-> userspace
messaging and perhaps VFS stabilization.  I was also thinking there
could be one userspace hotplugd (updated, whatever) to handle all the
systems instead of usbd, pccardd, devfsd, etc.  Maybe it could be
written in to have the daemon save permissions when exiting/rebooting?
Just some ideas i've been having.

-Craig