New ISO builder

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Wed Dec 3 07:33:33 PST 2003

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 12:15:31PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Speaking of which, I am generating a non-emulated El Torito bootable
>     CD (it's a simple option to mkisofs).  Hopefully only a few problems will
>     crop up.

Can you make that a switch? E.g. we could have a minimal
emulated/native boot floppy with just a kernel on it. Enough
to get the root from CD9660 ;-) Do we have g(un)zip support
in the loader? That way we can simply add a compressed generic
kernel to a floppy. Otherwise a striped down kernel for normal
1.44 MB with the hardware needed to read a CD is good.

Joerg