XFree86-4 (success!)

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Dec 2 11:42:16 PST 2003

:Currently I cant get X working on dragonfly.  The port of XFree86-Server
:from FreeBSD segfaults without much of a clue, and the port cannot build
:because currently dri fails during the build.  Heres the output of make
:in graphics/dri and XFree86.0.log.
:
:-Craig
:--
:------------------------------------------------------------------------
:Craig Dooley											craig at xxxxxxxxxx

    Craig (and everyone else), with the port overrides I added last
    night I have been able to successfully install the x11/XFree86-4 port.
    You need a fully updated source tree, fully updated /usr/ports, and fully
    updated /usr/dfports.

    I hit one hicup and that is there was a point where it failed
    attempting to locate libexpat because libexpat was installed in
    /usr/local/lib instead of /usr/X11R6/lib.  I 'fixed' this manually
    by copying it over, e.g. 'cp /usr/local/lib/libexpat* /usr/X11R6/lib',
    and it was able to get all the way through the installation after
    that.

    The main problem is that X depends on imake and imake was making
    explicit OS rev tests and incorrectly believed the DFly box to
    be using a.out output instead of ELF output.  There were a few
    other issues as well.