The future of PCCARD support

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Dec 22 10:05:30 PST 2003

Hi all,
I'm working on getting NEWCARD into the tree. The location of an initial
version is on submit, but be careful if you use it. Don't forget to apply
the hack removal patch for the pcib staff. You might find the hack useful if
your PCI-BIOS can't route interrupts ;-)

Otherwise I have the following questions:
- Is anyone using the PCCARD staff? Which drivers are in use?
- Do we want to take the slow route of converting all drivers
  using e.g. cardinfo.h or slot.h first and then import it?
- Is it acceptable for the intermediate time to have either the
  either the current PCCARD or NEWCARD compiled in e.g. by adding
  an option?

Joerg