"options USER_LDT" and mplayer

Craig Dooley craig at xlnx-x.net
Wed Dec 17 19:41:15 PST 2003

I dont understand why this isnt the default either.  The kernel doesn't use the LDT at all, and all the option does is add code to save the state on context switches from what I saw.  We only support 386+, so it's not a matter of CPUs without LDTs.

The reason mplayer choked when playing a .mov is because it has to use win32 codecs using wine.  Win32 needs to use the LDT, and is also needed for wine (same reason).

-Craig