building X on DragonFly

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Tue Dec 9 12:11:26 PST 2003

On Dec 9, 2003, at 2:47 PM, David Leimbach wrote:
I don't even see the XFree86-Server port... just libs.  I am doing
CVSup and
cvs update -dP to get that.
Thats because doing a XFree86-4 build out of the FreeBSD ports tree
dies in
the libs directory.

    KDE and Gnome are another deal entirely... they would require a
lot more
    work to get working.

Yep.  I don't really have the time or interest to work on GNOME but I
will see what
I can do for KDE.  Its probably not going to be a one-man job in the
long run though.
Why not, almost once a day I find myself stopping by some-ones desk and
spending
5 minutes or so cleaning up structure name changes so kde will build
correctly for
them. Anyways the build dies only in things like the utilizes that do
little graphical
things like top, these can be unhooked from the build and everything
rolls along
nicely...

-DR