building X on DragonFly

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Dec 9 11:19:26 PST 2003

:On Dec 9, 2003, at 11:23 AM, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
:
:> David Leimbach <leimbacd at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:>> Any ideas?  I'd like to take a swing at compiling KDE on it.
:>
:> XFree86, from the ports tree (and the dfports tree) will build just
:> fine.  KDE and Gnome, however, both fail to build at this time.
:
:I disagree... the regular ports tree XFree86 failed on my box.
:but I was building the server.
:
:I am still interested in seeing why KDE doesn't build. :)
:
:Dave

    Be sure you have a completely fresh build/installworld and completely
    fresh ports and dfports, then deinstall the dependant ports (in particular
    imake) and rebuild and reinstall.

    It took a lot of work, er, hacking, to get XFree86 to compile.  If after
    all of that there are still problems, post the tail end of the output to
    the list.

    KDE and Gnome are another deal entirely... they would require a lot more
    work to get working.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>