TrustedBSD...

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Mon Dec 8 23:12:10 PST 2003

-On [20031208 23:12], Ryan Dooley (dooleyr at xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>I don't have access to the perforce trees (I'm normally not a developer)
>but I think it would be cool if DFly could give the OpenBSD folks a run
>for their money :-)

I'm not sure if that would be useful for the DragonFly project, I'll let
Matt decide on that.  But everything pretty fundamental, such as the
TrustedBSD project, detracts us from reaching the goal DragonFly is
striving towards, namely: easy and fast clustering, scalability, and
stability.

Of course, Matt should correct me if I totally misinterpreted something,
but this should be one of those 'wannahaves' to be put on the backburner
for a while.

Also, note that we're not trying to compete with OpenBSD here.  The
projects' aims lie in way different directions.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far...