New XFree86 library problems.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Dec 4 09:45:32 PST 2003

:Peter Kadau <peter.kadau at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:> Hi !
:
:>> getting errors when trying to run binaries built against X libraries.
:> Whoo, I couldn't even build them on my shiny new system
:> out of the box.
:> But cpdup is your friend for now.
:
:> If some program complains it can't find libfoo, look
:> whether libfoo is in /usr/local/lib or /usr/X11R6/lib
:> and cpdup it to the other.
:> No fix, but it works.
:
:Well, I certainly no how to work around this.  It's simply a matter of
:symlinking libXi.so.6.0 to libXi.so.6 (and so on for the other
:libraries).  I just wanted to report this so it can be fixed in the
:dfports tree :-)
:
:Adam

    This is fixed by rebuilding 'imake', but really you have to delete all
    installed packages and rebuild them.  Make sure you have /usr/dfports
    properly installed updated and be sure to clean out your ports tree work
    files by cleaning whatever ports you built.  Then rebuild.

    The devel/imake-4 before the fixes generated bogus information and
    caused the build to think it was on an a.out system, which uses
    the double-numbering scheme.  The fixed imake tells the system it is
    ELF which uses the single-numbering scheme.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>