cdrtools not working anymore?

Bernhard Valenti bernhard.valenti at gmx.net
Thu Dec 4 05:37:29 PST 2003

On 04.12.2003 13:14, Emiel Kollof wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that cdrtools from the ports don't work anymore? It
> mutters something about not being able to open the scsi driver. I tried
> both the port and the package.
>
> While stracing I saw that cdrecord tried some CAM ioctl on /dev/xpt0,
which
> somehow failed. I tried putting my ahc0 SCSI adapter and cd writer on
> different machines running dfly, and they all refused to burn discs.

i have the same problems here... on 2 different systems. one of them
isnt running dragonfly anymore, cause i couldnt get the pcmcia
controller working(o2micro 6912), and dma support for my chipset isnt
available(sis645dx). i can get a ktrace/whatever output if anyone wants
to look at it and it isnt reproducable.

btw: i checked the permissions on the devices so that isnt the problem.

bernhard