DRI support

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Wed Dec 3 19:25:39 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 17:22, Craig Dooley wrote:
> XFree86 4.4.0 is supposed to be out December 15th.  Is it worth it to
> wait until then to put a lot of effort into this?
>
> -Craig

It would be worth it to make whatever patches necessary for XFree86
4.3.0 to support dfbsd properly, because they should port relatively
easily to XFree86 CVS.  They're in code freeze right now cleaning up for
the release, and that would be the sort of patch accepted, I think.
Should they get into XFree86, I wouldn't mind committing patches to DRI
CVS (though if it's right around release, I'd probably just wait for the
merge that happens soon after an XFree86 release).

Alternatively, though this wouldn't help with $subject just yet, get to
work on porting the kdrive x servers
(http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/xserver) to dfbsd to see some
really neat new X features.  FreeBSD ports for the libraries necessary
are at http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/xlibs-pre/.  I haven't
successfully worked on the server yet.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta at xxxxxxxxxx
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at xxxxxxxxxxx