DRI support

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at thorn.ashke.com
Wed Dec 3 14:43:12 PST 2003

Hello folks :-)

I'm trying to get a recent version of the DRI (Direct Rendering
Infrastructure) CVS to build on my DragonFly system.  There's a new
feature in the CVS for Radeon cards called MergedFB, which lets you
get hardware acceleration working on dualhead cards.  Not a "must
have" but it's a definate plus.  Unfortunately I'm getting errors that
I'm fairy certain are related to the name change and I'm not sure how
to go about fixing them.

The first time I kicked off a build, I got an error really quickly
about not having gnumalloc.  This was easily solved by defining
UseGnuMalloc to NO in the host.def file.  First problem solved.

The next time I kicked off a build, I get considerably further, but
the build still dies, this time with:

cleaning in lib/GL/mesa/src/drv/r200...  "Makefile", line 1166:
Missing dependency operator make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot
continue *** Error code 1

Is there something else I need to modify in the host.def file?

I realize this isn't a DragonFly problem per se, but it'd be nice to
get it working.

Adam