New ISO builder

David Leimbach leimy2k at mac.com
Mon Dec 1 06:16:21 PST 2003

I got
"make release"
'release' is up to date  [never built release before... I think I
forgot some
environment variables :)]

then "make clean"
told me I needed mkisofs.
I assume this is not the intended behavior?

Dave
On Dec 1, 2003, at 4:11 AM, Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I have put together a new ISO builder in /usr/src/nrelease.  It
will
    create a bootable ISO image on a CD which is basically a full, live
    filesystem.

    No sysinstall is generated (yet).  A writable /dev, /tmp, /var,
and /etc
    is created via MFS, so basically the entire system should work
booted
    off of CD.  The CD will boot into a login prompt.  Since root has
no
    password, just login as root.

    I'm hoping this can form the basis for the single-CD idea that I've
    been batting around.
    There are currently two make targets in /usr/src/nrelease:

    release:	This will do a full buildworld and buildkernel (GENERIC)
		with the current source tree, then generate the release
		ISO and directory structure in /usr/release.
    quickrel:	This will do a 'quick' buildworld and buildkernel (i.e.
		-DNOCLEAN) and then generate the release ISO and directory
		structure in /usr/release.
    realquickrel: This is even faster.  It assumes that the
buildkernel and
		buildworld have already been done and just generates the ISO
		directory structure and ISO file in /usr/release.

    You need to have several Gigs of free space in /usr, not counting
    space used by buildworld and buildkernel.  Be sure to do a complete
    update of your CVS tree and sources before running these targets.
    The ISO file defaults to /usr/release/dfly.iso.  My first ISO is
    available for download on the main site in the download section.
    See:
	http://www.dragonflybsd.org/Main/download.cgi

    --

    The ISO contains a complete base distribution plus installed
binaries

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>