Daily snapshots available

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Aug 29 22:17:06 PDT 2003

Christian Laursen <xi at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:m3r834hvc6.fsf at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> I just tried to boot on the kern.flp fetched from
> <http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/pub/DragonFlyBSD/snapshots/i386/2CSNAP-2
> 0030829-0930/floppies/>.
>
> The machine hanged before the BTX loader banner showed up
> (Just showing a single - sign)

Did you check the iso against the md5 sums in the checksum.md5 file?  Every
time I downloaded an image via http, it was garbled, which meant I burned a
few coasters before figuring it out.

Retrieving it via ftp seemed to work, though I have not yet installed using
the working disc.

On a different note - What's the reason for the separate-but-matching
"DragonFlyBSD" and "DragonFly" directories?