Prototypes for split syscalls

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Aug 25 02:10:57 PDT 2003

    They should have the real argument types.  You don't have to pull in
    other header files to declare structural pointers.  This will suffice:

    /*
     * sys/syscall1.h
     */
    struct sockaddr;

    int blah(struct sockaddr *sa, ...);

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

:Also, should these second level syscall functions be prototyped using
:arguments of type caddr_t instead of (struct sockaddr *) so that we
:don't have to pull in the socket headers, etc... if we don't need them?
:
:I forgot to mention, we need the header to provide the second level
:syscall prototypes for the emulation code.  Otherwise, these symbols
:could be static.
:
:--
:   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver at xxxxxxxxxxxx