__signed usage in ansi.h

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Sun Aug 10 12:28:11 PDT 2003

-On [20030810 21:02], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>    This is outdated.  'signed char' is fine.  Please keep the 'signed',
>    however, because it overrides the GCC -funsigned-char option and we
>    don't want 'int8_t' to suddenly become unsigned when people use that
>    option.

OK, committed.

Another question some of you might be able to answer me;

what use is using __volatile and __const over volatile and const?

I mean, I know what they do and what they are there for, but giving
Rob's impending work of changing all __P(()) to normal ISO C prototyping
it makes no use to still have type wrappers like this lingering around
as well then.

Or am I missing something subtle here?

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B