Linux emulation

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Aug 6 14:30:41 PDT 2003

:
:And it's dynamically compiled.  I've diff'd nm -D output, cpp output of
:the code.  There are no differences whatsoever.
:
:truss, ktrace, or strace were no help, maybe because of the setuid,
:don't know, but it never traced to interesting points and just stopped.
:
:I have totally lost it (guess I can blame the current heatwave as well).
:
:Ideas/comments welcome.
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai

    Try ktrace'ing etc.. running 'man' as root.  I am not sure but I think
    ktrace will work on an suid program run as root.

    If that fails then give the 'man' user a shell, su - man, chmod the
    binary so it is no longer suid, and ktrace it from the man account that
    way.  (and be sure to cleanup the above mess after you track the problem
    down :-)