new sysinstall

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Aug 31 18:02:39 PDT 2003

:/me too/ :) I have done this on a large scale project (PHP4 for all-around
:scripting) and I really hate putting '<?php' and '?>' at the beginning and
:the end of every single script.
:
:No, it's not hard work, it just looks ugly:
:
:#!/usr/local/bin/php -q
:<?php
:        ... code ...
:?>
:
:But then, I'll look forward to anything to escape from /bin/sh! :)))
:
:--
:--
:Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with
:confidence.

    Considering the restricted circumstances of its use I'm sure we can
    use the <? ?> shortcut.  Alternatively we can free-form the PHP
    e.g. like just use braces {....} for the PHP, and then write a
    filter to converti t to the <?php ?> form that the web server needs.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>