new sysinstall

Robert Garrett rg70 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 23 10:45:31 PDT 2003

I'm seeing this as a four stage system.

1. Disk Editor (creates slices, and partitions)
2. Distribution Selection
3. Glorified FTP client
4. Configuration Management System

Basically we would take a bootable cd, with a fully operable dragonfly
installation on it. fire off the disk editor, to create swap, and
other partitions and slices. Figure out what we are supposed to install.
Then either contact a ftp site with a distro on it, or fire up a local
ftpd server, and download the distribution on to our new slices.
The configuration Management system is the key to the whole thing.
I will try to get my thoughts on it written down in a understandable
fashion later this week.

Robert Garrett