Preliminary restructuring layout (was Re: sys/ tree re-structuring proposal)

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Wed Aug 6 23:49:52 PDT 2003

-On [20030807 06:02], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>    Yes, that's true.  But the entire network subsystem is going to be
>    seriously modified in coming months anyway.  Our best bet is going to
>    be to do an import 'as late as possible' in order to do the major work
>    once.  Incremental updates are always a whole lot easier, unless the
>    KAME folks are still making huge changes to their base code.

*grin*

I never minded getting my hands dirty in source code comparisons and
synching, even if the directory structure are totally different.

Just takes a bit of effort, but that's always been a sacrifice I've
willingly made.

That's one of the issues I think that kind of stifled FreeBSD, the
continuous worries about whether or not the revision control history
would still match.  Seems as if, in the end, people were working to
please the revision control system and not have the revision control
system work for them.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B