Linux emulation

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Wed Aug 6 14:01:37 PDT 2003

-On [20030806 21:33], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>    I think my last email to Rob was "This doesn't look right at all"
>    or something like that :-).  I think that patch needs to be reverted
>    too.

The code is identical between FreeBSD and DFBSD, but putting a man from
my 4.8-S box on my DF box fixes the problem, whilst putting a man from
my DF box on my 4.8-S box also showed the problem.

And it's dynamically compiled.  I've diff'd nm -D output, cpp output of
the code.  There are no differences whatsoever.

truss, ktrace, or strace were no help, maybe because of the setuid,
don't know, but it never traced to interesting points and just stopped.

I have totally lost it (guess I can blame the current heatwave as well).

Ideas/comments welcome.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B