Usernames > 16 characters

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Aug 18 19:26:51 PDT 2003

    Urk!  Where's ut_host[] in utmpx?  I don't see it in the specification...
    Sigh.  So much for the single unix specification!

    Maybe I should just adopt the fields in the utmpx.h from Linux.  It
    seems to have everything we need.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

:
:    I'm going to qualify my statement regarding utmpx.  I've gone through
:    the single unix specification and I actually think it is a reasonable
:    replacement for utmp.  It doesn't solve any of the problems, mind you,
:    but it does add additional ut_* fields that we really ought to have.
:
:    So, in that respect, I think it is reasonable for us to remove utmp.h
:    and replace it with utmpx.h.
:
:    Again, it doesn't solve any of the problems so I would hesitate to do more
:    then just implement the basic API, but it doesn't make the problems any
:    worse then we already have with utmp.h.