COMPAT_43 and the linuxolator

David P. Reese Jr. daver at gomerbud.com
Fri Aug 15 16:17:48 PDT 2003

I've hit a problem with tearing out COMPAT_43.  Our linux emulation code
relies heavily on the old sockaddr sruct.  I think I have two options:

   1) Replace COMPAT_43 #ifdef's with COMPAT_LINUX #ifdef's.  This would
      allow the linux emulator to work, however it pollutes the kernel
      source.

   2) Copy our socket functions into the linux emulation code preserving
      the COMPAT_43 code.  In this case the native and linux versions only
      differ by a couple of lines of code.  This would however put the
      compatibility garbage in the linux emulation code where it probably
      belongs.

It would be great if I could modify a sockaddr struct after something like
an ioctl or a call to accept, however the copyout takes place in the
function call.

--
   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver at xxxxxxxxxxxx