Public events log

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sun Aug 31 14:02:44 PDT 2003

Something that always frustrated me with FreeBSD (and other projects) is
that common problems get mentioned only in a mailing list, and then stored
in a source text file somewhere.  (Like when FreeBSD had that large mirror
outage, or when repo damage happened to ports and you couldn't cvsup.)

I've always thought it would be nice to have a rolling summary that
required less hunting.  Sorta like Daemonnews, but specifically focused on
mailing list activity.

I've been working on creating that over the past week, using Movable Type
to structure the writing.

http://www.shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/

Any objections?  This will be more useful as activity grows.