__signed usage in ansi.h

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Sun Aug 10 11:56:01 PDT 2003

Anyone know why we are using:

typedef     __signed char              __int8_t;

in ansi.h?

Why not just:

typdef	signed char		__int8_t;

It seems to be very GCC specific, but even those occurences are outdated
when you glimpse the entire source tree of DragonFly.

If no objections I will remove this within 2 days unless okayed to
before.  Currently in FreeBSD I see there is a PR assigned to the
standards guys about it (bin/35307).

My idea, to change it to signed and perhaps just nuke it from cdefs.  It
is non-portable anyway and the source tree does _not_ depend on it.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B