Hammer filesystem removal of a file.

Rohit Menon rohit.forum33 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 21:56:26 PST 2014

Hello Matt,

This was what I did to prune all snapshot data.
However this part of history stays.

This is my prune output

dfly-bkpsrv1# hammer prune-everything /Backup5
Prune /Backup5/: EVERYTHING
Prune /Backup5/: objspace 8000000000000000:0000 7fffffffffffffff:ffff
pfs_id 0
Prune /Backup5/: prune_min is 1d/00:00:00
Prune /Backup5/ succeeded
Pruned 0/2065540 records (0 directory entries) and 0 bytes

I modified the prune_min to 1 day since I could see that it wasnt exactly
clearing history when set to default.
The history data still stays
dfly-bkpsrv1# cd vms8/
dfly-bkpsrv1# ll
total 0
dfly-bkpsrv1#
dfly-bkpsrv1# cd /Backup5/@@0x0000000108329000
dfly-bkpsrv1# ll
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  0 Nov 19 10:16 pfs
drwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  0 Nov 18 09:24 vms8
dfly-bkpsrv1# cd vms8
dfly-bkpsrv1# ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   0 Nov 18 13:05 containers
drwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   0 Nov 18 14:29 env
drwx------  1 root  wheel   0 Nov 18 13:05 lost+found
drwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   0 Nov 18 14:29 volumes
dfly-bkpsrv1#
And it is also using up space.

Backup5                          929G    63G   866G     7%    /Backup5
/Backup5/pfs/@@-1:00001          929G    63G   866G     7%    /Backup5/vms8