Question about some of the features in Hammer / DragonflyBSD

Olav Gjerde olav at backupbay.com
Sun May 4 02:38:52 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm going to have a presentation at work later this month for my
superiors about next generation file systems. Hammer is of particular
interest as it has some really nice features and strengths compared
with other next generation file systems.

However, as I understand, Hammer does not come with its own volume
manager? You have to rely on another separate implementation to get
raid? Does this mean that if a bad block is being read, that Hammer
can't automatically repair it (as ZFS self healing)?

Another question I have is if some of you have a small story to share
about how you use Hammer and take good advantage of its features, as
compared to a traditional file system.

Kind regards,
--
Olav Grønås Gjerde