hammer with millions of files

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Jun 3 09:28:13 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Peter B. Pokryshev <ppb at valuehost.ru> wrote:

> Thank you for answer.
> I create more than one million files and *after* that
> by the "systat -v" I've saw about 100% disk busy :)
>
> If I'll mount hammer FS with "-o nohistory",
> still I'll have opportunity to make snapshots and
> fast boot after non-graceful system shutdown?

I don't know how you created the files, so my first hunch is to say that
the busy disk may have been from file activity still being written to disk.
 The history action will increase the amount of disk work in any case, so
it is possible.

I have never tried to create snapshots from a PFS marked 'nohistory', but
the quick recovery should work in either case.