DragonFly history access for Gnome/KDE

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Fri Apr 8 15:34:40 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm a KDE developer and may be a mentor in GSoC in KDE.

A few days ago, I proposed this in my blog, which is aggregated in
PlanetKDE, thus it reached a big audience:

http://www.elpauer.org/?p=685

I don't know if that's the origin of the "DragonFly history access for
Gnome/KDE", or if we had the same idea independently.

Anyway: we (KDE) got a proposal for this idea by some Atul Jamwal:

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/ajnovice/3001

We have a couple of problems with this proposal:

- It is lacking more information
- Nobody in KDE seems to have the necessary knowledge about HAMMER

I was wondering if DragonFlyBSD has received a proposal by this
student (or some other student). If you have, and/or someone from
DragonFlyBSD is wishing to co-mentor this GSoC, then it might have a
chance.

Thanks.

PS: We need a quick answer. On Monday evening we need to send the list
of chosen students to Google.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org