Hammer linux port

Daniel Lorch daniel.lorch at epfl.ch
Wed Apr 15 08:25:13 PDT 2009

Hello,

> Yes it will.  My student Daniel just started working on the port to
> Linux!  I guess he will soon hail a hello and post a link to his blog of
> the port.

That would be me.

So far, I've been mainly working with hammerread.c, the stripped-down
version of the file system. I ported hammerread.c to Linux and wrapped a
FUSE module around it, so you can now mount and read a HAMMER filesystem
on Linux.

You can get the files from http://hammerfs.googlepages.com/ or  follow
my blag on http://hammerfs-ftw.blogspot.com/. The code is
proof-of-concept quality, so don't expect too much.

The next thing to do is to get comfortable with Linux VFS. I am
currently reading into how the page cache works. Then, I'll do a Linux
VFS + hammerread.c and as a final step the full HAMMER filesystem +
Linux VFS.

Keeping a FUSE port around would be nice, too, especially for MacFUSE.
But let me do Linux VFS first :)

Cheers,
Daniel