Added HowTo for Software RAID

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Fri Aug 12 12:27:21 PDT 2011

On 08/04/11 15:14, Mark Doe wrote:
maybe the official documentation is incomplete. I can confirm that creating
a RAID5 worked for me. In the source code it's not disabled (i dont know
C/C++, so please correct me) from what I could see.
apologies for not being clear here -

if you look for 'XOR' in the code it basically shows that the degraded mode
operation portion for raid5 is just a placeholder:
            if (rdp->status & AR_S_DEGRADED) {
                /* do the XOR game if possible */
            }
and is not yet implemented

(etc)

so while it might work for normal mode - it doesn't buy you much in the
event of a drive failure
definetely, I am going to complete the guide on the week-end with rebuilding
the array, etc as you suggested.
nice! look forward to it.