manual renaming suggestion

Przemysław Pawełczyk pp_o2 at o2.pl
Fri Nov 5 19:41:06 PDT 2010

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 22:56:10 -0300
Sdävtaker <sdavtaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it will be better to have
> Handbook & Old Handbook as links than Handbook & New Handbook as we
> got now. When a new user just hits the site looking for the handbook
> and  fast parse the page looking for the handbook, it will probably
> go to the link handbook before even read that there is a "new
> handbook" link. What you think?
> Damian

Hi,

Let me put my 3p here. The same problem is with the Digest option. For
those of us (me for sure) for which English is a second language
and who got used to read/look for a News option, the Digest is
misleading.

Let it be News Digest at least. It was several days ago when I wanted
quickly check what's new in DF world and got stuck frantically
searching for any News option.

Check it for yourselves - where is the News about latest DF version
release?

To be frank I missed the Handbook as well, looking for
Installation option. ;-) I went through all the Documentation part of
the main menu only finding Installation within (New) Handbook.

Installation is what is unequivocal and should gain its own menu option
I think (together with minimal hardware demand).

Regards