Request: Xfering new kernel to target machine

Walter walter at spam.no
Mon May 12 06:50:58 PDT 2008

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    What I would do is 'make installkernel DESTDIR=somewhere', and
    then copy that somewhere to the slow machine.
When I did that it told me I needed to run buildkernel first.
So I experimented by specifying the DESTDIR when running
nativekernel.  Now it says it can't find 'kernel' in the
DESTDIR (I had checked to see what it created and indeed there
wasn't anything there).
I'll do the regular installkernel and then try to back out
the kernel to restore the original one (it's too limited
for the build machine to boot).  Worst case I'l just re-install
after getting the new kernel onto the other disk.