Hammer documentation

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jul 16 09:18:30 PDT 2008

:Thomas Nikolajsen wrote:
:> I agree; other mount_FS(8) pages doesn't have general FS info either.
:> We could have hammer(5) and also hammer(7) as Matt suggested;
:> hammer(5) would then be a traditional man page with compact description of Hammer,
:> and hammer(7) would contain more free running text with uses cases as described below.
:
:I don't think hammer(7) is necessary. I chose 7 for the vkernel manpage
:because it's neither really 9 nor 1 and not because 7 is automatically
:the best choice for "these kinds" of manpages.
:
:For file systems, 5 seems to be appropriate.

    Yah.  We only need one 'man hammer'.  The idea is that someone running
    DragonFly wants to know what HAMMER is, so they type 'man hammer'
    just on the off chance there might be a manual page, and poof, they
    get a nice introduction.

					-Matt