Hammer documentation

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jul 15 20:25:30 PDT 2008

:I think we should have a general introduction to Hammer for the release.
:
:It could consist of:
: 1) simple description of features
: 2) simple examples of use
:
:We already have a good deal of material in manual pages and Matts article.
:But I don't think we have a general description of Hammer features in the m=
:anual pages;
:it could go into mount_hammer(8) (mount(2) says FS info is in mount_FS(8)).
:It should of course also go to our web site.
:
: - setting up disk: gpt, disklabel64 (or fdisk, disklabel)
: - formatting volumes: newfs_hammer
: - mount_hammer
: - snapshot
: - pruning
: - reblocking
: - adding volume
:How can this be done?
:When I just newfs_hammer another partition, it can't be mounted with existi=
:ng: different fsid
: - mirroring
:
:Is such a description already done?
:Otherwise I will give it a try.
:
: -thomas

    Are you volunteering?  Create a new manual page called hammer.7,
    similar to our 'vkernel' manual page and our 'build' manual page
    and our 'security manualpage.  /usr/src/share/man/man7/hammer.7.
    Go for it!

					<dillon at backplane.com>