PDF version of handbook

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu Mar 23 05:37:46 PST 2006

On Thu, March 23, 2006 1:19 pm, Bob Bagwill wrote:

> I went as far as going to the library and checking out a couple of books
> on creating a non-profit corporation in the U.S., and it looks like quite
> a bit of work (which is probably why open-source projects take so long to
> do it). It's not as easy as registering a domain and setting up a
> webserver. :-)
>
> It would be more efficient if a single open-source non-profit
> organization could act as an umbrella for a number of projects, and handle
> the paperwork, manage the bookkeeping, etc.  Is there one DragonFly could
> join (assuming Matt doesn't have a lawyer/accountant in family to set
> one up)?

Yeah, I'm somewhat familiar with the process, and there's a number of
hurdles to jump.  It is effectively incorporating a company, under
spacific rules.

Matt had started the process some time ago, but it has fallen by the
wayside, to some extent, since there's no immediate need for it.  I don't
know of any larger organization that would directly benefit DragonFly...