PDF version of handbook

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sun Mar 19 21:11:10 PST 2006

On Sun, March 19, 2006 10:00 pm, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> Sweet! Yes, its working now. :))
>
> Just a suggestion: Maybe you should update the copyright text to reflect
> 2006, so we know the document is still active. That's one of the first
> things that got me doubtful yesterday as to whether this guide is still
> being maintained. Apart from that, maybe you could add a line somewhere
> that gives the date of that last guide update or which version of
> DragonFly this applies to.

Good points; I will update the text in the Handbook and (attempt to)
consistently mention date of the last build on my webpage where I have it
linked.

> In my own case for instance, I went through the first few sections of the
> guide and there it talks about how to install DragonFly. The method

The install method in the Handbook predates the BSD Installer; it hasn't
been updated.  On the plus side, the BSD Installer is very easy to use, so
it needs little documentation compared to a manual install.

Scott Ullrich had sent me a number of screenshots at one point so I could
write something, but it slipped by the wayside.  I need to update that and
the ports section, badly, in addition to catchup with applicable patches
for the whole Handbook taken from FreeBSD.  (Help is welcomed.)