Using the Dragonfly BSD logo

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Aug 6 21:25:29 PDT 2006

:http://www.dragonflybsd.org/about/images.cgi states that "The images on
:this page are only to be used with the DragonFly BSD Project. Please ask
:the docs@ mailing list before using any of these files."
:
:I'm working out some docs on a project I might pursue, on an internal
:server back here.  A relevant image contains a miniaturized copy of that
:image:
:
:http://bluefox.kicks-ass.org/mediawiki-1.5.5/index.php/Image:Overview.png
:
:Image was retrieved from:
:
:http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:DragonFlyBSD-Logo.png
:
:It looks like someone may have made the assumption that, as it was
:pulled from a BSD CVS, it must be BSD licensed.  Comments?

    Well, the image is being used in-context on the bluefox site so it's
    just fine.  However, the footnote is incorrect and you are correct,
    the image is not BSD licensed.  But it isn't really a serious enough
    error to warrent any action.

						-Matt