pkgsrc Handbook patch

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Apr 15 00:28:45 PDT 2006

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 nida at xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Comments and feedback are requested.  Basically, this is a big s/ports/pkgsrc/
> in the handbook.
>
> Diff Link:
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~labthug/pkgsrcHandbook.diff

It appears some type of formatting changes were also done, so the
differences are a lot larger and harder to compare together.

Thanks for working on this.

It might be easiest to commit this small parts at a time.

Also instead of pointing to a singel package download location maybe point
to the mirrors webpage (and that will get rid of the typo for the user
name there at the same time).

I think the documentation for using pkgsrc should be simplified and just
cover common tasks. And then point to the pkgsrc Guide itself for more
details. If the pkgsrc Guide needs work, then submit improvements for it.
I think it will be easier in the long run versus working on different
documents covering the same thing.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'