wiki main page fubard

Adrian Nida nida at musc.edu
Fri May 6 11:34:28 PDT 2005

<Snip/>
Not sure if this option could be of use, but maybe:
http://www.linux-tutorial.info/. On the right side, there is a login section
that has the "Security Code:" picture and box to verify. I have seen more
advanced pictures (almost too much so, to the point that it's hard to figure
out what character it is), but this is the first one that came to mind.

HTH,
Kevin
It's a good thought, but I've read about spammers placing the security
code pictures on the front-end of free pr0n sites.  Then, they link the
pictures to the words entered in by the "clients" into a database.
Then, they take this info to get past the legitimate security codes.

Granted, we're probably not as attractive to spammers as say amazon, so
we could probably use this for a while.  I'm just trying to point out
that because these spammers are using this for their income, they're
very smart at getting through the hoops.  Eventually it comes down to a
balance between the benefits and hindrances of security.  We might want
to start determining how much security we're willing to put up with...

Adrian