handbook: cvs or wiki?

justin at shiningsilence.com justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Jun 15 05:49:02 PDT 2005

> By the way, I mentioned in the dfwiki using the "recent changes", I didn't
> see any changes to the handbook in the "last 500 changes in last 30 days".
> How can I see the changes myself?

You could probably plug larger values into the query string when looking
at that history...

> I'd like to suggest that the wiki for the handbook be removed and then
> generate the HTML from the docbook source with a feedback form on every
> single handbook webpage.  Then someone can share their comments and
> improvements easily.
>
> A committer would have to review and commit, but that is a lot easier than
> merging in changes later.

Any objections to this from other docs@ readers?  I like the idea of the
wiki, but I'm not seeing a huge benefit from it.  It may be better to
retry it someday when we do have a method for moving wiki -> docbook and
back.