Release errata & patch list

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Mon Apr 25 18:40:01 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 10:22:18PM +0200, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
>On 25.04.2005, at 21:53, George Georgalis wrote:
>>As an aside, I've been meaning to script up a process for mirrors to
>>keep cvs/cvsup current, whereby the commit emails trigger a cvsup from
>>the master of the updated module as often but not more than :20 minutes
>>or so, then maybe a full sync every 24 hrs for sanity.
>
>in my experience it's completely sufficient to sync a cvsup mirror
>every hour, i don't see any need to move from a pull model to a (much
>more complicated) push model.

Well accept for the email patch system not quoted, I was intending a
pull system but using less resources by following the commit list as a
trigger.  If that is not a significant savings over cvsup every hour,
easier to cvsup from cron.

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at xxxxxxxxx