Mail archive search broken

justin at shiningsilence.com justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu Apr 28 13:21:53 PDT 2005

> Someone might want to take a look at the google search form on the mail
> archive page: <http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/>
>
> The WWW option is searching the entire internet, and the mail archive
> option is search the entire dragonfly website.

The WWW option is supposed to search the entire Internet.  The mail
archive option searches everything on leaf.dragonflybsd.org, which will
pull in things from user folders and so on.  Google's sitesearch function
can't be restricted to a subset of a site, that I know of.  It's not
perfect, but it is free.

Putting together a new search function would be handy, using htdig or
something similar - it's a project for anyone who wants it.