i would like to support

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Jun 1 21:31:37 PDT 2004

Belian Thomas wrote:

> Hello,
> my name is Thomas Belian and I made my first real steps in BSD now in
> DragonFlyBSD.
> It looks like a very fine project, but my BSD experience is not really
> good, i have to learn.
> So I can't support by programming something or help programming, I can
> just write little progs in C,
> so I would like to support the documentation team by translating the
> documents in German.
> But before I start, I would like to know, if there is really a need
> doing that?

It would be nice to have; you may want to wait until the documentation is
more "settled", probably after the 1.0 release.  If you'd like to write
original documentation, that would help too, and that can be done right
now.

We could use an extended section on networking setup, and a section on
ports.  If you check out the cvs target 'doc', you can base it off the
files there.  Specifically, copy one of the chapter.sgml files in a
directory under /doc/en/books/userguide/ and start working.  If you are
unfamiliar with the markup, you can read up on it at
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html