possibility of re-using POSIX specs for manual pages

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Thu Jun 3 07:02:27 PDT 2004

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

Tim Wickberg wrote:

Does this: http://www.opengroup.org/press/01jun04.htm
mean we have the go-ahead?

Somebody at the Open Group would probably be the final answer, but I think
use of the POSIX data is on a per-OS basis, same as, say, the UNIX
trademark.  If FreeBSD went through the Single UNIX certification process,
DragonFly would not automatically become able to use the trademark too.
The POSIX data is I assume in the same vein.
	Yes, absolutely.  We cannot use the information directly from
	the standard into DragonFly's manual pages.  I am going to
	contact someone at the Open Group and see what I can finalise.
		-Hiten
		hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx