possibility of re-using POSIX specs for manual pages

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jan 30 15:25:08 PST 2004

:Andrew Josey recently posted a copy of a press release about granting the
:'Linux Manual Pages Project' rights to use portions of IEEE Std 1003.1 in
:their documentation:
:
:    <http://standards.ieee.org/announcements/pr_linuxman.html>
:
:It seems likely to me that the DragonFly Project would be given similar rights
:if a formal request were made (having followed the prior discussion on the
:Austin Group mailing list).  The only redistribution requirement obvious from
:the most recent Linux manual page distribution is inclusion of a short notice.
:
:Any interest here?
:
:		Cheers,
:
:		Mark.

    Hmmm.. I wouldn't call it a high priority.  It sounds like they are
    using it as base material for documentation.   Our existing
    documentation is not perfect, but it's still pretty good.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>