possibility of re-using POSIX specs for manual pages

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Sun Jan 25 21:27:40 PST 2004

Mark Valentine wrote:
Andrew Josey recently posted a copy of a press release about granting the
'Linux Manual Pages Project' rights to use portions of IEEE Std 1003.1 in
their documentation:
    <http://standards.ieee.org/announcements/pr_linuxman.html>

It seems likely to me that the DragonFly Project would be given similar rights
if a formal request were made (having followed the prior discussion on the
Austin Group mailing list).  The only redistribution requirement obvious from
the most recent Linux manual page distribution is inclusion of a short notice.
Any interest here?
	Yes, I saw it this morning.  I am going to followup with the
	IEEE people sometime this week.  Thanks for pointing it out
	though, Mark.
	Thanks and regards,

		-- Hiten