Wiki-fying docs

Stu ceaser at rome.net
Wed Dec 1 07:46:27 PST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:02:50 +0000, Hiten Pandya <hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
>> I've noticed that there's been a number of people who have wanted to
>> contribute to docs, but the process of installing the doc-proj port and
>> all its dependencies, plus talking SGML, plus building it, is forming a
>> sort of barrier to entry.  I think I'm the only poor soul that's done it.
>>
>> I was thinking we could copy the existing docs into a Wiki, and see how
>> contributions change from there.  Mashing wiki changes back into CVS may
>> be less laborious than putting other people through the docproj wringer.
>> Can anyone think of any objections?
>
>	Let's not use Wiki for professional project documentation.
>
>	Sure, use it as a staging area, but not for the final thing.
>
>		-Hiten

Id help if it used wiki, but not if I had to docbook.
(for the life of me, I couldnt get jade/sgml/docbook etc
installed/working under fbsd4. there was always something..)

-- stu  --
[FAQ] Write Your Own Operating System
    http://www.mega-tokyo.com/osfaq2