Mailing list archive

Erik Paulsen Skaalerud erik at pentadon.com
Wed Nov 5 00:19:42 PST 2003

> > It would make more sense to implement a simple nntp -> http gateway.
> > That is unless news.dragonflybsd.org is expiring articles so fast that
> > it isn't an option.  (I don't believe this is the case.)
>
> When I'm writing my summaries on shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/ , I'm more
> comfortable with linking to someone's actual words, rather than
> paraphrasing or copying. I don't know how soon anyone will get the
> chance to set up an "official" archive on the dragonflybsd.org site.
>
> So, this is more to scratch my itch than anything else.  Plus, I learn
> by doing, not by waiting, and now I've learned something.

I love your site Justin, I read it every day before I check out the NNTP.
Good work.

It would be nice with a online nntp -> http reader, but you'd have to keep
articles for a while to do that. Perhaps its possible to set up some
secondary nntp who archives everything, and then use a http backend against
it?

Greetings
Erik P. Skaalerud