Mailing list archive

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Nov 5 11:10:59 PST 2003

"Erik Paulsen Skaalerud" <erik at xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:3fa8b2a1$0$80974$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> It would be nice with a online nntp -> http reader, but you'd have to
> keep articles for a while to do that. Perhaps its possible to set up
> some secondary nntp who archives everything, and then use a http
> backend against it?

That's a good idea, and probably fun to do.  If I can do it with a mail
archive, I can probably do it that way.

What I need is a good colocated machine; currently I receive and format
data at my home connection, and then reflect it back to my webhost.  I'm
not confident enough in my hardware speeds/power reliability/available
bandwidth to host it all here, though it sure would be easier.